Thursday, May 05, 2005

Eph 5:

1Follow God's example in everything you do, because you are his dear children. 2Live a life filled with love for others, following the example of Christ, who loved you and gave himself as a sacrifice to take away your sins. And God was pleased, because that sacrifice was like sweet perfume to him...

8For though your hearts were once full of darkness, now you are full of light from the Lord, and your behavior should show it! 9For this light within you produces only what is good and right and true. 10Try to find out what is pleasing to the Lord. 11Take no part in the worthless deeds of evil and darkness; instead, rebuke and expose them...

15So be careful how you live, not as fools but as those who are wise. 16Make the most of every opportunity for doing good in these evil days. 17Don't act thoughtlessly, but try to understand what the Lord wants you to do. 18Don't be drunk with wine, because that will ruin your life. Instead, let the Holy Spirit fill and control you. 19Then you will sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs among yourselves, making music to the Lord in your hearts. 20And you will always give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
21And further, you will submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.

Lord,
I am in awe of You and Your lavishing love. The way You woo, nurture, and care for me is astonishing! You draw me close to You with Your words which have been written as a love letter to me. You always do what is best for me, Your beloved child. By Your grace, I will be an imitator of You and live a life of love. Teach me dear Lord

  • To have a thankful heart
  • To live as a child of light by reflecting goodness, righteousness, and truth
  • What pleases You
  • To expose my own deeds of darkness
  • To be wise
  • To make the most of every opportunity
  • To understand Your will
  • To be filled with the Spirit
  • To speak uplifting words of encouragement and praise
  • To always have a joyful song in my heart
  • To submit to You first, and then in the same way to others in the church
  • To love and respect the Christian family

O Lord, I long to please You and live in the light of Your amazing love. Change my heart O God. Teach me to be like Jesus by giving up myself because of love. Out of respect for Your Son, I will find the strength to put others first. In doing so, I will find that it truly is more blessed to give than to receive. Thank You for loving me with everlasting love and drawing me to You with cords of kindness. To You be the glory forever and ever. Amen.

Make a list of five specific ways you show preference to your family or small group.

No comments: