Monday, May 09, 2005

Gal. 5: 1-14

1It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

2Mark my words! I, Paul, tell you …. 4You who are trying to be justified by law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace. 5But by faith we eagerly await through the Spirit the righteousness for which we hope. 6For in Christ Jesus …the only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.

7You were running a good race. Who cut in on you and kept you from obeying the truth? 8That kind of persuasion does not come from the one who calls you … The one who is throwing you into confusion will pay the penalty, whoever he may be…

13You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love. 14The entire law is summed up in a single command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

Lord God,
O how I love Your Word! It falls like fresh dew on my heart each day. You know exactly what to say and when to say it! Today, I joyfully claim my freedom in Christ Jesus. I will stand firm and not be burdened ever again by a yoke of slavery. Gone are the Old Testament laws. Praise God! I am FREE! If I remain tied to them, I am alienated from You and have fallen away from Your amazing grace. It is by faith that I have been made righteous. I am no longer held in captivity because my hope is in You, Lord. Because I BELIEVE in Your love and saving grace, I will express gracious, abundant love to others.

I know I’m running the good race because I am following You obediently. You define the course and set the pace. I will keep running and not look back. I will not be distracted. I will pay attention to You. Help me to see those who cut in front of me. They try to keep me from obeying the truth. Do not let them throw me into confusion. I have been called to be FREE! I will go, run and serve others every day of my life, with all of my heart, for the reward You promise.

You have reminded me again today that in love You have blessed, chosen and adopted me. I am eternally Yours. You love and accept me just as I am. I am redeemed and forgiven, holy and blameless in Your sight. You have given me knowledge and wisdom. You have tattooed my heart with the Holy Spirit. You guarantee my priceless, pure, and permanent inheritance. I am Your precious possession. I am BELIEVING You because You spoke the Truth to me today...and the Truth has set me free! Amen.

Claim your promised freedom today! Then, go, run, and serve someone with love.

No comments: