Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Luke 5: 17-26

17One day as Jesus was teaching, Pharisees and teachers of the law, who had come from every village of Galilee and from Judea and Jerusalem, were sitting there. And the power of the Lord was present for him to heal the sick. 18Some men came carrying a paralytic on a mat and tried to take him into the house to lay him before Jesus. 19When they could not find a way to do this because of the crowd, they went up on the roof and lowered him on his mat through the tiles into the middle of the crowd, right in front of Jesus. 20When Jesus saw their faith, he said, "Friend, your sins are forgiven."

24He said to the paralyzed man, "I tell you, get up, take your mat and go home." 25Immediately he stood up in front of them, took what he had been lying on and went home praising God. 26Everyone was amazed and gave praise to God. They were filled with awe and said, "We have seen remarkable things today." NIV

Sweet Jesus-
I love the lessons you teach me when I take time to sit at Your feet. I have heard this story repeatedly, but today it has fresh meaning. Thank You for the friends who had the compassion and strength to carry me to You when I was too weak to walk. They persisted until I met You face to face. Now, I will be that friend to someone else. Many in my family are carrying heavy burdens of a terrible tragedy, a crushing circumstance, a devastating diagnosis. Crippled by crisis, they need carried to You. I will put my faith into action, lift them up, and bring them to You.

When others are too brokenhearted to speak, I will be their voice. I will carry them to a place of refuge where they can pour out their hearts in the safety of Your presence. With complete assurance of Your sovereignty, we will trust You together.

When others are too grief-stricken to stand, I will be transport them to the Steadfast Pillar of strength. There they will lean on You. By Your mighty hand, You will uphold them. I will be the friend who sticks closer than a brother.

When others are lame with loss, I will gently lead them to streams of Living Water where they can immerse their thoughts into things that are noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent and praiseworthy. You will wash over them, and refresh them with encouragement through me.

When others are blinded by tears, I will show them to You. By my faith, You will restore their sight. Crying will turn to joy when, together; we experience your touch of greatness. We will be in awe of You because of the remarkable things You have done in us and through us, as we carry each other’s burdens in Jesus Name. Amen.

Do you know someone who needs help? Humbly and gently carry that person to Jesus.

No comments: