Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Isaiah 40: 31

Those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

(With reflections from Ps 145)

Everlasting God~
You are an awesome God and most worthy of praise! Your greatness I cannot imagine! I will tell of Your mighty acts. Your works are wonderful. Your deeds are great. I have seen Your glorious majesty and am once again in awe of You. It is astonishing that Dwayne tolerated his surgery without complications and 80-85% of the tumor was removed! The doctor said, "the surgery couldn't have gone better." I praise You because You heard the prayers of the multitudes and were the hands of the doctor! Thank You! I have watched You miraculously restore dear little Sean's life, and I am simply overwhelmed by Your infinite power! You are faithful to all Your promises and You are loving to all You made. You hold us up when we fall and watch over those who love You. Thank you, Lord! I have seen Your glory.


You are the Creator of everything. Because You have unlimited power, You never grow tired or weary. You are always available to re-energize me and refresh my strength during the seemingly hopeless storms of suffering. Like an eagle, in the midst of the storm, I spread my wings of faith to embrace the wind. Placing my dependency on You and You alone, I experience quiet, "everyday" miracles.
  • Your joy balances the pain
  • Your power lifts the burden
  • Your peace calms the worries
  • Your all-sufficiency is more than enough

Soaring has become an adventure of discovering just how faithful You are when I am in the stratosphere over the storm. Soaring has become exhilarating! I am no longer content to stay inside where it is relatively safe and secure. I want to go outside and live by faith in the midst of the storm. Please use the storms of suffering in my life:

  • To take me higher in my relationship with You
  • To fall deeper in love with You
  • To grow strong my faith in You
  • To become more consistent in my walk with You
  • To bear more fruit for You
Use the winds of life to grow me in Christlikeness. Just as the storms make it possible for the eagles to soar, so suffering makes it possible for me to reach the highest pinnacle of my Christian life. Please dear Lord, just give me more of Jesus so that I will soar through suffering with renewed strength, and not grow weary. As I soar, I will focus on Your face and live for Your glory because of Jesus. Amen.


Have you seen God's mighty acts? Read Psalms 145 as a prayer.

What storm are you facing? Are you soaring through it with Holy Spirit power?

This Prayer Pal is lovingly dedicated to the Zook and Brames families, and to my dad who is currently suffering a storm and enjoys watching eagles soar.

No comments: