Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Hebrews 3:13

You must warn each other every day, as long as it is called "today," so that none of you will be deceived by sin and hardened against God.

2 Cor. 11: 3, 4, 13-15 Paul says: 3"I fear that somehow you will be led away from your pure and simple devotion to Christ, just as Eve was deceived by the serpent. 4You seem to believe whatever anyone tells you, even if they preach about a different Jesus than the one we preach, or a different Spirit than the one you received, or a different kind of gospel than the one you believed … 13These people are false apostles. They have fooled you by disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. 14But I am not surprised! Even Satan can disguise himself as an angel of light. 15So it is no wonder his servants can also do it by pretending to be godly ministers."

Father-
You are teaching me how important it is to listen to Your instruction and know Your Word. Lord, how can I warn others so that they will not be deceived by sin, if I don’t know the truth myself? I urgently need to grow in knowledge of Truth because ignorance can make me vulnerable to deception. From this day forward, I will be an honest seeker and true biblical student by studying the holy Scriptures. Fill me with knowledge and wisdom so that my devotion will remain pure and sincere. Protect me from smooth-talkers who have a message that sounds good and makes sense. Hearts are full of deceit. I need to be on guard, always verifying the truth by searching the Bible. Your Word alone will be my authoritative guide.

There are so many distractions around me demanding my time and attention. They threaten to side track my faith. Just as Eve lost her focus in the Garden of Eden by the sly and slippery serpent, things cleverly disguised as attractive, good and moral can fool me too. Satan and his servants are so tricky. Hide the Truth in my heart so that I will not believe their schemes. In order to warn others, I must know the Truth. Make my words Your words because Jesus said, "Out of the overflow of the heart, the mouth speaks. You will have to give an account on the day of judgment for every careless word you have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words, you will be condemned." Please just fill me with more knowledge today so that I can speak the Truth in love for Your namesake. Amen.

What are you doing to ensure you know and speak the truth?

No comments: