Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Acts 1:14

They all joined together constantly in prayer.

Today’s PP is my testimony to the power of prayer.

Father God-
Thank You for showing me that prayer does make a difference. I am so thankful for the dedicated prayer team that covers my ministry, family, and me. When I am honest before them about my weaknesses and temptations – and You know that’s often – they boldly approach the throne of grace with confidence on my behalf. You faithfully listen and answer them.


As a result of their prayers my writing ministry has been launched and expanded worldwide. Six months ago I could have never imagined that anyone would want to read my love letters to You. Because of the prayers of a few faithful friends, You are using this ministry to bless people from the USA to Africa to Russia and beyond! I praise You God!

Because of their prayers, the love in my home has been stretched and strengthened. Admitting my selfishness, they carried me to You. Through the power of their heartfelt prayers, I have been able to set aside my own agenda and interests in order to meet the needs of those who love me most. You revived, renewed, and restored my marriage when they asked You to teach me to love my husband biblically and be a model to the women to whom I minister. Seeing the changes in behavior and attitudes is remarkable. I praise You Father for hearing their prayers!

They have prayed me through times of sickness and suffering. You answered by filling my heart with peace that surpasses all human understanding. They prayed me around boulders obstructing my path. You answered by removing them. When I take off the mask of pride and am authentic before them, they lift me up to You. You’ve heard their prayers and my heart has been forever changed. Thank you, God.

God, I am so thankful for these loyal friends who love me enough to pray for my ministry, my family and me daily. Let my testimony of the power of prayer be an encouragement to anyone who is reading this Prayer Pal. May each and everyone find a few faithful friends who will love and pray for them constantly. In addition, may lives be forever changed because of the power of prayer in Jesus name. Amen.

A few months ago, I was seeking a mentor for my writing ministry. She would not meet with me until I had a prayer team of 5 – 10 people who agreed to pray for my ministry, my family, and me daily or weekly. Her advice was the best spiritual wisdom anyone has ever given me. Being open before them was one of the hardest things I ever had to do, but has been the most rewarding. I would encourage everyone reading this, to find a prayer team of 5 – 10 people with whom you can be open and honest on a regular basis. You will never be the same again!

No comments: