Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Luke 13: 10-13

10One Sabbath day as Jesus was teaching in a synagogue, 11he saw a woman who had been crippled by an evil spirit. She had been bent double for eighteen years and was unable to stand up straight. 12When Jesus saw her, he called her over and said, "Woman, you are healed of your sickness!" 13Then he touched her, and instantly she could stand straight. How she praised and thanked God!

Holy & Awesome God-
I praise You with all my heart. Great are Your works. Glorious and majestic are Your deeds. Thank You for causing Your wonders to be remembered forever.


I am living in a world where people are beat up and put down. They are paralyzed by problems; crippled by conflict; blind to beauty; deaf by distraction; disabled by disappointment; incapacitated by inconsistency; sick with sin; and suffering from selfishness.

Open my eyes to the heart-wrenching needs of the people I pass by every day. I will immediately stop what I am doing and focus on them. Use me to touch and heal them with kindness and encouragement. By Your grace and compassion, I will genuinely show people how much they matter. I will show them how much you love them and tell them how incredibly valuable they are to You. Since my words may be the only positive thing they hear in a day, please make them gracious and uplifting.

By Your love and power, I will be the healing hands of Jesus to the hopeless and helpless, weak and weary, troubled and terrified. I will be a holy encourager for Your glorious kingdom so that Your name will be magnified above the earth. Eternal praise belongs to You, always and forever because of Jesus. Amen

Find someone who needs encouraged today. Focus on them. Fix them with an inspiring word.

No comments: