Monday, May 01, 2006

Romans Reminders to Remember

Romans 15:15
15I have been bold enough to emphasize some of these points, knowing that all you need is this reminder from me.

Divine Teacher,
Thank You for preserving Paul’s bold reminders to the Romans for me. Please write them on my heart so that I’ll remember:

  • I’m called to be a witness for You (1:5)
  • Godless living deserves the penalty of death (1:32)
  • Godless judging isn’t tolerated (2:3)
  • Godless religion is hypocritical (2:28-29)
  • There is not a single good person in the world – including me! (3:9-18, 23)
  • Because of You, I’m made righteous, just as though I’ve never sinned (3:22-23)
  • I need unwavering faith to believe that You’ll do what You say You’ll do (4:20-22)
  • You died for me while I was Your hateful, hostile enemy (5:6, 8, 10)
  • Forgiveness is a gracious gift from You(5:15)
  • I’m alive and free from sin, but will always struggle with it (6:7-8; 7:15, 18, 21)
  • I’m Your precious child, required to share in your suffering (8:16, 17)
  • Your Spirit prays for me when I can’t find the words (8:26)
  • In ALL things You work for the good of those who love You (8:28)
  • Because of Your power in me, I can triumph over tragedy (8:37)
  • Nothing can separate me from Your love (8:39)
  • You are sovereign (9:15)
  • Everyone who calls on Your name will be saved (10:13)
  • Apart from You I'm dead, lifeless and useless (11:15-16)
  • To give myself completely to You as an act of worship (12:1)
  • To nourish my mind with the sweetness of Your Word (12:2)
  • To love my brothers and sisters in Your family despite our differences (12:9)
  • To respect the authority of the world because You established it (13:1)
  • To stop passing judgment! You and You alone are the only fair Judge (14:10-13)
  • To speak words that build up rather than tear down (14:19)
  • To be tolerant people who have an opinion different from mine (15:1)
Practicing these principles daily, I’ll retain them and live a holy lifestyle worthy of Your child. My attitudes and actions will lead others to Your kingdom of joy, peace and righteousness where they too, can live forever and worship Your holy name! In my life Lord be glorified! To You, the only wise God be the glory forever and ever through Jesus Christ, my Lord! Amen.


Thank you for walking through Romans with me. I hope the prayers of my heart will help you remember who you are and how to behave in the family of God. What one lesson will you remember?

No comments: