Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Invitation for a Miracle Makeover

Romans 15: 15b-18
15For I am, by God's grace, 16a special messenger from Christ Jesus to you Gentiles. I bring you the Good News and offer you up as a fragrant sacrifice to God so that you might be pure and pleasing to him by the Holy Spirit. 17So it is right for me to be enthusiastic about all Christ Jesus has done through me in my service to God. 18I dare not boast of anything else. I have brought the Gentiles to God by my message and by the way I lived before them. NLT

Gracious God-
I still rejoice and marvel at the fact that You love, chose, and adopted me despite my indecent life, impure motives, and improper attitudes. You accepted me as Your beloved child just as I was broken and useless. After adopting me, You turned me into a beautiful masterpiece in Your heavenly workshop. Now I’m fixed and useful to do good things for You.


By Your grace, use me as a special messenger to reach out to unhealthy, unnoticed, unbelievers. The new eyes You’ve given me will look past their sin and see the person You created them to be. The new ears You’ve given me will hear their cry for relief from the painful problems that plague them. With my strong new voice I’ll boldly and enthusiastically invite them to join in my activities. Full of Your love and compassion, I won’t worry about my reputation when I touch them with Your sweet, fragrant healing balm. My beautiful new feet will lead them to Your wonderful workshop where You’ll transform them into a unique work of art too.

Father, forgive me for making this life a popularity contest. It is not about ME. It’s all about YOU. Please dear Lord, show me who needs a miracle makeover today and I’ll obediently reach out to them in the spirit of friendship because of Jesus. Not to me O Lord, not to me, but to Your Name be the glory because of Your unfailing love and faithfulness. Amen.

Invite an unhealthy, unnoticed, unbeliever into the core of your life today. Be courteous and kind to them. Commit to spend frequent time with them. Allow the Master to touch them through you.

By God’s grace, I’ll make myself a fragrant sacrifice to __________________________ (name of person you’ll reach out to) so that I might be pure and pleasing to my Gracious God and King.

No comments: