Friday, February 17, 2006

Set Free

Psalm 116:3-6
3 The cords of death entangled me,
the anguish of the grave came upon me;
I was overcome by trouble and sorrow.
4 Then I called on the name of the LORD :
"O LORD, save me!"
5 The LORD is gracious and righteous;
our God is full of compassion.
6 The LORD protects the simplehearted;
when I was in great need, he saved me.

Lord of Life,
I praise and worship You with heartfelt devotion! Your works are wonderful! I will sing of Your love forever.


The cords of death entangled me. Intertwined in a web of confusion, trouble trapped me and sorrow seized me. Unable to escape Satan’s snare, choked by his charm and strangled by his shams, I was caught in his lies and left to die.

In fearful desperation, I cried out to You, "O Lord, Save me!" In Your loving kindness, You came to my rescue and saved my life. I didn’t deserve to be released, but because You are gracious You set me free. Unwrapped from the cords that entangled me, I’m free to stand up right and tell others the wonders of Your works.

Lord, I will extol You with all my heart, mind, soul and strength because You have done great things for me! Joyfully, I’ll offer You a sacrifice of praise and thanksgiving because You saved me from Satan’s snare, brought me safely into Your home, and healed all my wounds with the crimson blood of Your Dear Son through whom I live and work and have my being. To Him be the glory and honor forever and ever! Amen.

Will you worship God with all your heart this weekend for His wonderful work of salvation?

No comments: