Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Believing God

Genesis 12:1, 2, 4
1 The LORD had said to Abram, "Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you. 2 "I will make you into a great nation
4 So Abram left, as the LORD had told him; and Lot went with him. Abram was seventy-five years old when he set out from Haran.

Genesis 21:5
Abraham was a hundred years old when his son Isaac was born to him.

Romans 4:20
Abraham never wavered in believing God’s promise. In fact, his faith grew stronger, and in this he brought glory to God. He was fully convinced that God is able to do whatever he promises. NLT

Omnipotent God,
I’m astonished at the way You teach me the truth when I take time to come to class. Lord, I know the delightful dream You have for me. You promise to prosper me and give me a bright future. My hope is in heaven. Now, I just need faith like Abraham to believe You!

Thank You for showing me today that it took 25 years to fulfill Your promise to Abraham. I now understand that it takes time to develop character before You give us our "Big Assignment." Abraham needed 25 years to grow into the father You intended him to be. Along the way, there were many tests and challenges, yet he never wavered in believing Your promise. In fact, his faith grew stronger and he brought glory to You.

Oh, to have that kind of faith! Please prepare me for my "Big Assignment" by giving me many little challenges along the way. As I demonstrate my faithfulness in the small stuff, I know You’ll entrust me with more and more responsibility. Please dear Lord, don’t let me grow weary and faint of heart. Don’t let me give up and quit! Give me a spirit of perseverance when things seem impossible. I never want to waver in believing Your promise. I long to grow stronger and bring glory to You. I want to be fully convinced that You are able to do whatever You promise. Please give me faith to believe in the name of Jesus as I wander through the years. To God be the glory, great things He has done. Amen.

What dream has God given you? What will you do to persevere through the years until you see it fulfilled?

No comments: