Friday, February 10, 2006

Friendship With God

Romans 5:6-11
6When we were utterly helpless, Christ came at just the right time and died for us sinners. 7Now, no one is likely to die for a good person, though someone might be willing to die for a person who is especially good. 8But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. 9And since we have been made right in God's sight by the blood of Christ, he will certainly save us from God's judgment. 10For since we were restored to friendship with God by the death of his Son while we were still his enemies, we will certainly be delivered from eternal punishment by his life. 11So now we can rejoice in our wonderful new relationship with God--all because of what our Lord Jesus Christ has done for us in making us friends of God. NLT

Holy and Awesome God!
Your love is absolutely amazing! That You would leave your beautiful, majestic, celestial home in heaven to come to this wretched, ugly, hellish hole on earth to save hateful, hostile humans is unfathomable. I might die for someone really special, like my child, but I’d never die for someone who despises me. Yet, that’s exactly what You did for me. While I was Your vilest offender, You intentionally died for me.


Laying down Your life, You bridged the great canyon that separated us. Your broken body made the Way for me to safely cross over into Your glorious, royal, everlasting kingdom. I no longer have to fear falling to my death and eternal punishment because You took my hand, called me "friend" and graciously brought me into Your presence. Thank You Jesus!

I can’t begin to comprehend why You’d choose to save a horrible sinner like me. Your thoughts are greater than my thoughts and Your ways are wider than my ways. It’s a mystery I’ll never understand, but like a naïve child, I’ll believe that I’m Your "friend" because of Jesus.

Out of deep, heartfelt gratitude, I’ll rejoice in this wonderful new relationship I have with You. Because You’ve proven Your divine love to me, I’ll trust You to be my best, most devoted, and loyal Friend to the very end. All glory to You for saving me from the hole of hell and sending me to Your magnificent, majestic, most high kingdom where I will live happily ever after because of Jesus. Amen.

Thank God for His amazing love! How will you show your appreciation?

No comments: