Thursday, February 02, 2006

One Reason To Be Happy

Romans 4:7-8
Blessed are they
whose transgressions are forgiven,
whose sins are covered.
Blessed is the man
whose sin the Lord will never count against him.

Blessed Redeemer,
I believe You are the Most High and Holy Judge. Thank You for accepting my pitiful plea and declaring me "not guilty." I’m so blessed! Humbly, I’m brought to my knees because of Your incredibly merciful verdict.


Overwhelming joy pours from my heart because Jesus has paid my fine and bought my freedom. I believe my rebellious, deliberate, stubborn sins are forgiven and forgotten forever. I’m confident my daily unintentional, accidental sins will never be counted against me. Blessed assurance! Thankfully, I trust You to make me right in Your sight.

Breathe on me, Holy Spirit. Guide me with love and wisdom. Subdue my stubborn will. Tame my temptations. Control my conduct. Heal my hurts. Right my wrongs. And, put a smile on my face today that reflects the joy in my heart because my defiant disobedience has been redeemed by One blessed deal for the praise of Your glorious name. Amen.

If you have nothing else to smile about today, be happy that your sins are forgiven and forgotten forever. That’s worth celebrating!

No comments: