Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Serving Fruit

Romans 7:4, 6
4So, my brothers, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit to God. 6But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.

Jesus, Lover of my soul, it’s an honor to be united and living with You, the most powerful King of heaven and earth. Connected to You, I’m filled with love, strength and a clear mind. I’m coupled with the same power source that raised You from the dead. Wow!

Joined with You, I can selflessly serve others sweet fruit …

  • I can love the unlovable, forgive the unforgivable, and approach the unapproachable
  • I can smile when I feel like frowning
  • I can lay down my hostile, hateful attitudes that seek revenge and retaliation to be a peacemaker
  • I can endure difficulties without condemnation
  • I can accept others without being critical or judgmental
  • I can show kindness to the least, the lost and the last
  • I can do good deeds
  • I can trust You, believing You’re sufficient to meet all my needs
  • I can put on a gentle, quiet, humble heart thinking of others more than myself
  • I can exercise self-control, self-discipline, and a sound mind
Please dear Lord, attach me securely to You today so that I can serve You with all my heart at any time, in any place, and any situation in the power of Jesus, my Risen Lord, for Your pleasure and glory forever and ever. Amen.


Are you plugged into the power that will enable you to bear sweet fruit and serve others selflessly? Find someone – the least, the last or the lost – to serve in the power of the Holy Spirit today.

No comments: