Wednesday, February 22, 2006

My Master

Romans 6:16-18
16 Don’t you realize that whatever you choose to obey becomes your master? You can choose sin, which leads to death, or you can choose to obey God and receive his approval. 17 Thank God! Once you were slaves of sin, but now you have obeyed with all your heart the new teaching God has given you. 18 Now you are free from sin, your old master, and you have become slaves to your new master, righteousness.

Adonai~
My Lord and Master~
O Lord, truly, I am Your faithful and wise servant, freed from my chains to work for You. Forgive me for all the times I’ve told You what I’ll do for You. Forgive me for all the ways I’ve asked You to serve me, forgetting who is the Master and who is the servant. Forgive me for arguing with You, making excuses to walk away from a job that’s uninteresting or uneasy for me.


Bought with Your blood, I want to live a life pleasing to You. I long to serve You, my Master, with wholehearted devotion. Diligently, I’ll work the fields, plant the seeds, water the crop, weed the thorns, and reap the harvest for You. Cheerfully, I’ll serve You even when the scorching summer sun is searing my soul, and the wicked winter winds are wildly whistling, "worry".

Watching and waiting, I’ll be dressed and prepared to join You in the fields, on command. Willingly and promptly, I’ll lay aside my own interests to accept Your orders. I believe You will equip me to complete anything You ask me to do for the glory of Your kingdom. Please just give me a resilient heart to trust and obey bringing honor to You, my Adonai. Amen.

Do your actions acknowledge Christ as Lord of your life? If not, what response do you want to make to His claim on your life?

No comments: