Thursday, February 16, 2006

Freedom

Romans 6:5-11
5 Since we have been united with him in his death, we will also be raised as he was. 6 Our old sinful selves were crucified with Christ so that sin might lose its power in our lives. We are no longer slaves to sin. 7 For when we died with Christ we were set free from the power of sin. 8 And since we died with Christ, we know we will also share his new life. 9 We are sure of this because Christ rose from the dead, and he will never die again. Death no longer has any power over him. 10 He died once to defeat sin, and now he lives for the glory of God. 11 So you should consider yourselves dead to sin and able to live for the glory of God through Christ Jesus.

Great God of Freedom & Life,
You are mighty in power. I believe that, in Your infinite strength, You raised Jesus from the dead to stand victoriously over Satan and his limited power. I’m also confident that the moment I put my trust in You, I was filled with that same strong power to walk away from my addictions, attractions, and afflictions. I believe that the power of the Holy Spirit has set me FREE!.

Free from my sinful nature
Free from death’s grip
Free from Satan’s snare
Free from fear
Free from selfish desires
Free to be Your dearly beloved child
Free to live with You forever
Free to love and serve others
Free to bear the sweet fruit of my salvation
Free to be all that You intended me to be

I praise You because I can walk freely in the power of forgiveness! Right now, I am choosing to run away from the darkness of my past, and into Your loving arms where You’ll shelter me with Your all-sufficient grace.


Please dear Lord, teach me the truth and give me faith to BELIEVE so that I can walk in the freedom of the cross every day of my life. I am forever Yours because of Jesus, the One and Only Source of Truth! Amen.

God has given you the power to walk in freedom from your addictions, attractions, and afflictions. Do you claim that freedom? Do you run into his loving arms when Satan is tempting you?

Our gospel came to you not simply with words, but also with power, with the Holy Spirit, and with deep conviction. 1 Thessalonians 1:5

No comments: