Friday, February 26, 2016

Psalm 40:6-8

Psalm 40:6-8
Sacrifice and offering you did not desire,
       but my ears you have pierced;
       burnt offerings and sin offerings
       you did not require.
Then I said, "Here I am, I have come-
       it is written about me in the scroll.
I desire to do your will, O my God;
       your law is within my heart."

Holy Love,
Thank You for piercing my ears with the bold truth. Finally, I'm beginning to understand how to live a life of love. Offering You my time without heartfelt devotion is inadequate. Presenting You my talent without wholehearted dedication is insufficient. Halfheartedly giving You my treasure out of obligation is inappropriate. You don't want religious ceremonies and showy performances. All that You desire is my wholehearted devotion.

It will please You when, by faith, I humbly come to the foot of the cross admitting my faults and failures allowing the bond of Your blood to fix and fortify me. Realizing the high price you paid to correct my defects will give me a deeper desire to walk and work with You. I'll willingly give up family, friends and freedom in order to spend time getting to know You. The more I know You, the more readily I'll give up my possessions and plans in order to experience Your almighty power. Forfeiting my comfortable lifestyle and important position to endure pain and hardship will perfect my faith, make me shine purer and brighter, and draw others to You.

Please dear Lord, write Your commands on my heart so that I'll remember to obey them. I desire nothing more than to walk and work with You so that my gifts will be adequate, sufficient, and appropriate for the King of my heart. Amen.

God doesn't want your rituals and routines. He wants your whole heart devoted to Him. What are you willing to give up in order to please Him? Will you give up hobbies, television or work in order to spend time with Him? Will you give up shopping and sports in order give more of your money to Him? Would you be willing to give up your home and career in order to go where He sends You?

I need to get off Facebook and put my face in the Book. I need to unplug my Smart Phone and plug into God's call for my life. These are two huge distractions that keep my heart preoccupied. 

No comments: