Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Exodus 33:11

Exodus 33:11
The LORD would speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks with his friend.  

Faithful Friend,
I'm astonished that You have chosen to speak friend to friend with a rebel like me. You're prominent, perfect, and pure. I'm insignificant, imperfect and impure. My life is in shambles! I've made bad choices and I'm incredibly needy! Of all the beautiful and gifted people in the world who seem to have so much to offer, You've chosen to chat with me. I have no beauty, no gift, and no clout to offer. While some people wouldn't be caught dead associating with me, You, Most High, are delighted to call me "friend".  How can this be?

It is a mystery I will never understand. My heart dances within to hear You calling and inviting me to hang out with You - the Immortal, Invincible, Incorruptible King. It's not the rich and famous You desire to be with, but lowly people with humble hearts. Thank You for stooping down to speak to me face to face when I come to You with an open heart, mind and Bible. I yearn to hear Your Voice.

O how I desire to know You deeply, personally, and intimately. Keep the fire burning in my heart and consume me with passion. I never want to break away from this sweet fellowship we enjoy. I'm tickled that You'd speak to me friend to friend! Hallelujah! Amen.


Friendship with God is attainable. Moses was far from prominent, perfect and pure. He wasn't great or glamorous either. In fact, after committing murder he was wandering in the wilderness when God chose to befriend him.

No matter who you are, what you've done, or where you've been the Immortal, Invincible, Incorruptible King is calling you into uninterrupted intimacy with Him. Respond to Him with an open heart, mind and Bible, and He will speak to you face to face as a man speaks to a friend.

No comments: