Monday, February 08, 2016

Psalm 27:4-5

Psalm 27:4-5
One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.
For in the day of trouble
he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle
and set me high upon a rock.

O Mighty King of Heaven,
There is one thing I ask: that I may live in Your presence all the days of my life and gaze upon Your beauty. I will seek You in the temple of my heart. In Your presence, I will be safe when trials, tragedy and trouble test me. Your power and promises will divinely protect me. Securely positioned in You, my lips will offer You a sacrifice of praise.

When I look for You at the throne of grace, I will find You. Gazing into the warmth of Your fiery eyes, I can expect You to mercifully hear my voice and answer me. When my earthly friends and family cannot comfort me, You will coddle me in Your strong arms. It's Your divine guidance I'm seeking. With my Bible wide open, my eyes will be fixed on You. Reveling in You, I won't be crushed by my circumstances. In the splendor of Your holiness I'll be still and wait with a calm and quiet heart while You work out the details for Your glory.

Living happily ever after with You is my only hope, peace and joy in this sad, sad world. You keep me from fainting under pain and pressure. O Lover of My Soul, I want nothing more than to live in uninterrupted intimacy with You all the days of my life. You are my Strong Man, and I simply want to stay in Your blessing where You will lift me up and be magnified. Amen.


If you are facing trial, tragedy or trouble, seek God. To seek is an action that means to search for, strive for, ask for, or head for something. Open Your Bible and begin looking for Him. Ask Him to reveal Himself to you. He is unchanging. He was the same yesterday as He is today. He will be there in all His glory if you take the time to search for Him. When You find Him, gaze upon His character. Write down His noticeable attributes so that you won't forget them in the midst of your crushing circumstances. In His presence You will be blessed with hope, peace and joy.

This Psalm brings me such incredible comfort in a world at war and full of sorrows upon sorrows. I have memorized it and ponder it and pray it frequently. God has set us high upon the Rock of Jesus Christ. Nothing can come into our lives without going through Him. Safe in Him, we can sacrifice shouts of praise because we know that should we meet death, we will be ushered immediately into His presence where we will live happily ever after. No more war. No more sorrow. There is no greater thing than to be in the presence of the Almighty King.

No comments: