Thursday, February 25, 2016

Job 11:13-19

Job 11:13-19
If you devote your heart to him
       and stretch out your hands to him,
if you put away the sin that is in your hand
       and allow no evil to dwell in your tent,
then you will lift up your face without shame;
       you will stand firm and without fear.
 You will surely forget your trouble,
       recalling it only as waters gone by.
Life will be brighter than noonday,
       and darkness will become like morning.
 You will be secure, because there is hope;
       you will look about you and take your rest in safety.

 You will lie down, with no one to make you afraid,
       and many will court your favor.

O Loving and Kind Father,
Have mercy on me! I know I've messed up, made wrong choices, and blatantly disobeyed You. You've seen it all and are fully aware of my unruly conduct. There's no hiding from Your omnipotent holy eyes, and no one to blame but myself. You know the truth. I cannot lie. Like a mischievous child caught in action, I'm humiliated and dreading discipline. I'd rather hide the evidence and pretend like nothing happened, but that will get me in bigger trouble. Instead, I need to reach out my hands and run into Your open arms, honestly admitting my mistakes with a broken heart. Then, You'll pity me and be generous in love.

Tenderly, You'll scrub away my guilt so that I'll have a snow-white heart filled with clean thoughts and right desires. Because of Your love, I'll be motivated to behave like the endeared child of the King.

With my eyes adoringly set on You, I'll face the world unashamed. Clean and confident, I'll stand up straight and tall, unafraid of ridicule or rejection. Only then will I forget my misery, leaving the past behind me. The brightness of Your Son will light up my life, chasing away the clouds of fear and doubt. In Your peaceful presence, I'll rest and relax because there is hope. Without a care in the world, I'll supernaturally live a life of love. My exuberant joy and inexplicable calmness will cause others to come to me for help in their time of need.

 Please dear Father, search my heart and show me anything in my life that tarnishes Your name. Give me judgment day honesty to agree with You, and humility to obey. More than anything in the world, I want to be wholeheartedly devoted to You because of Jesus who died for me. Amen.

Study the above Scripture. What is God promising you if you devote your heart to Him, stretch out your hands and get rid of your sins?

For additional reading open your Bible to Psalm 139 and make it your heartfelt prayer. Issue God a search warrant to examine your heart, and agree with Him on any and all evidence He finds against you, no matter how hard. Reach out your hands like a contemptible child crying for pity. (Psalm 51:17) Today could be judgment day and on that day you will give an account to Him for everything (Matthew 12:36). Ask Him to give you judgment day honesty to admit your mistakes, so that you can begin enjoying His promises in Job 11.

No comments: