Thursday, February 04, 2016

2 Cor. 11: 3, 4, 13-15

2 Cor. 11: 3, 4, 13-15
Paul says: "I fear that somehow you will be led away from your pure and simple devotion to Christ, just as Eve was deceived by the serpent. You seem to believe whatever anyone tells you, even if they preach about a different Jesus than the one we preach, or a different Spirit than the one you received, or a different kind of gospel than the one you believed.

These people are false apostles. They have fooled you by disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. But I am not surprised! Even Satan can disguise himself as an angel of light. So it is no wonder his servants can also do it by pretending to be godly ministers."

O Wise and Honest God,
You are exalted in power and perfect in knowledge. There is no teacher like You. At the Living Word Academy in the classroom of my heart, I begin to understand the mysteries of Your Will. I learn to differentiate between right and wrong, good and bad, fact and fiction. With the Holy Spirit as my teacher, and the Holy Bible as my textbook, I learn that You are authentic, truthful, and reliable.

Lord, I urgently need more knowledge of the Holy Bible so that I can apply the Truth to all situations and circumstances in the laboratory of life. Proud people plant poisonous seeds in the soil of my soul, subtly distorting the facts with their made-up stories. Cunningly, they deflate one point while inflating another, taking Your Word out of context. Pastors and teachers artfully paint Your Word with smooth talk and flattery that sounds and feels good. Thank You for clearly warning me to avoid these kinds of people!

Please dear Lord, be gracious to me. Teach me good judgment to distinguish between truth and lies. Fill me with knowledge and wisdom so that my devotion will remain pure and sincere. Mixed messages threaten to side track my faith. Just as Eve lost her focus in the Garden of Eden by the sly and slippery serpent, things cleverly camouflaged as attractive, good and moral can fool me too. Please hide the Truth in my heart so that I will not believe their deceptive schemes.

God of grace teach me today, in the name of Jesus. Amen.



Do you know God's Word well enough to separate fact from fiction? I encourage you to spend time in the classroom of your heart, learning all you can about the Truth, so that you will not be led astray by false teachers.

Always check the teaching of man against God's Word. God's Word is always TRUE.

Jesus clearly warns in Matthew 24, in the end times many false prophets will appear and deceive many people (v11, 24).



No comments: