Monday, April 07, 2008

Trusting the Lord

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight.


All-Knowing One,
You are my Leader and Guide on this journey through life. When I try to figure out where You’re taking me, I only end up lost and confused. Who can understand You? My thoughts are not Your thoughts, neither are my ways Your ways. Just as the heavens are far above the earth, so are Your ideas far superior and brighter than mine. You are always right, always good and always loving.

You, O God, are perfect in knowledge. Exalted in power, who has taught You? No one! Who can teach You? No one! You are the Master Mind of the universe. No mind on earth is equal to You. No one can begin to grasp Your greatness. Yet, we feebly try to.

Who am I to question You? Surely, I have foolishly spoken things I don’t fully understand. A haughty know-it-all, I despise myself for my own ignorance and arrogance. Discrediting Your holy justice, I’ve condemned You to justify myself. Who in the world do I think I am?

Please humble me Lord Jesus and teach me Your ways. Give me a fresh revelation of Who You are and I will acknowledge You in all my ways. With a proper perspective of You, I’ll trust You with all my heart and not rely on my own foolish wisdom. When I read my Bible You will light my way, make my path straight and lead me on the highway to happiness and holiness. Thank You for this guarantee if I obey. Amen.


God promises to make your paths straight if: You trust Him with all your heart, stop relying on yourself, and acknowledge Him in all your ways.

The way to trust Him and acknowledge Him is to know Him. The only way to know Him is through His Word, the Bible.

No comments: