Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Lord of Love

1 John 4:9-10
This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.

Sweet Father in Heaven,
How can I ever thank You for Your revolutionary love? Even though I’ve experienced it, I can’t describe it - it’s unspeakable. It’s unending and unselfish. I can’t do a thing to earn it and I certainly do not deserve it. It’s unmerited and unconditional. I ought to be struck dead at Your feet. Instead, by Your supernatural, sacrificial, satisfying love, the blood of Your Son has completely cleared away the damage and destruction from my past. You miraculously put a spring in my step, a song in my heart, a smile on my face and gave me an abundant new life.

Because of Your radical, amazing love intentionally exhibited on the Cross at Calvary, I can enjoy an intimate experiential relationship with You. I can live like You and love like You, confidently expecting to receive the rich, divine, imperishable, eternal inheritance You promise. Living in Your presence, I’m full of praise, power and perfect love. Enamored by You, there’s no room in my heart for fear or failure, criticism or complaints, pain or problems.God of Love, I just want to live in blessed adoration of You every day of my life demonstrating unwavering, irrepressible, triumphant faith in Your promises so that I can trust Your extraordinary love to make me at-one with Jesus through whom I live and breath and have my being. Hallelujah! Amen.


Look at the Cross. Consider Jesus hanging there in pain and agony. Consider the crown of thorns pressed down on His brow. Consider the stakes driven through His hands and feet. Consider the beating He had already endured, ripping flesh from bone, so much so that He was virtually unrecognizable. Consider what He suffered. He did it all for love. He did it for us – to prove His love. Do you believe Him? How will your respond to His remarkable love?

No comments: