Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Forsaken Strength

Revelations 3:8-12
I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name.

I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars—I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you.

Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come upon the whole world to test those who live on the earth.

I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown. Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on him my new name.


O Holy and Righteous Judge,
From Your throne in heaven You’re observing every move we make, tracing evidence of every impressive activity, as well as, every menial task. In the end, You alone will determine the significance of our performance.

As the Divine Doorman, You hold the keys to the kingdom of heaven, opening the door for whomever You please. Once it is open, no man can shut it. Everyone who walks through it has a guaranteed place in Paradise. Glory Hallelujah! My destiny is in Your holy hands, and man has no control over it.

You know that I’m steadily sowing the seed of Your Word in the hard soil of the souls surrounding me. My diminutive size and small visible impact seem insignificant and ineffective. Satan, determined to rob me of the victory crown, has precisely selected puppets to demoralize me. It’s tempting to quit, forsaking my strength.

Because I believe You, I will continue to patiently plant Your Word wherever I go using the resources You’ve given me. The very people who sneer at my dedication today, will one day wake up, realize their foolishness, and fall at my feet acknowledging the impact of my devotion. When You finally come, and all of heaven and earth is shaken, they will be reduced to rubble. In spite of popular opinion, those who don’t cave into the pressure will be the pillars supporting Your glorious presence. With a new name and new address they will be thankful and worship You with reverence and awe. I will be there! Blessed assurance! Amen.


If you have an ear on the side of your head bend it toward your heart and listen to Jesus. He knows where you’re sowing the seed of His Word. He knows the tools you have to work with.

What ministry has God given you? What is your strength? Hold on tightly to it.

You may never see the harvest, but don’t give up! Satan will go to great lengths to discourage you. Don’t listen to him. He’s a liar, determined to steal your victory crown.

For patiently sticking with it and not caving into the pressure of popular opinion, God promises that one day those who sneer at you will fall at your feet acknowledging the impact of your devotion. When Jesus finally comes, they will be reduced to rubble, and you will be a pillar supporting God’s glorious presence. Isn’t that an awesome vision? Blessed assurance, He will be enthroned on the praises of His people, and I’ll be there. How about you?

No comments: