Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Avoid Danger

Proverbs 16:6
Through the fear of the LORD a man avoids evil.

Reigning Ruler of the Universe,
As the Creator of everything, You and You alone have the exclusive right to rule the world. Your rules are always right because You are infallible. If only I’d listen to You, I’d avoid danger. Help me develop a deeper respect for Your almighty authority. The more I know You, the more I’ll revere You. Awaken my senses to Your unsurpassable power and justice. No wonder people throughout history fell on their faces when they encountered You. If I were wise I’d bow down in utter awe of You too.

With an authoritative voice that roars like thunder from the throne of heaven, You snap a finger and tell the lightning exactly where to strike. When You open Your mouth the mountains tremble. At Your command the clouds dance over the earth. The storehouses of hail and snow are under Your control. You appoint the sun to shine by day and tell the stars and moon to light up the night sky. Stirring the sea, You whip up the waves. Because everything under heaven obeys Your orders, I ought to too.

Since one day, possibly quite soon, I’ll appear before Your sacred throne and answer to You for the things I’ve done, arouse my heart with holy fear. Inspired by Your supreme sovereignty, I’ll turn from my selfish desires and seek to satisfy You. Your righteous rules, will show me truth, expose my rebellion, correct my mistakes and prompt me to live in reverent fear of the Only One who has the right to reign and rule over the Universe. Amen.


Is your heart aroused with a holy fear of God? Ponder the righteous rules inscribed by His holy hand in the sacred Scriptures. They will show you truth, expose your rebellion, correct your mistakes and prompt you to live reverently before the Reigning Ruler of the Universe.

No comments: