Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Promises Precious Promises

Revelation 7:14-17
These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. Therefore,
they are before the throne of God
and serve him day and night in his temple;
and he who sits on the throne will spread his tent over them.
Never again will they hunger;
never again will they thirst.
The sun will not beat upon them,
nor any scorching heat.
For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd;
he will lead them to springs of living water.
And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.


Promises, Precious promises, O how I delight in Your promises! O how I cherish the wonder working power of the blood of the Lamb.

You guarantee that in this world we’ll have all kinds of trials and tribulations. We’d be naïve to believe that we won’t be despised and disdained for faithfully following You. Afflictions, adversities and atrocities are bound to affect us. Yet, if we persist and don’t give up, You promise we’ll come through the tragedies with white-washed robes – bleached by the blood of the Lamb. Blessed assurance!

Dressed in white linen, we’ll be led into Glory. Enthralled by our beauty, You’ll endow us with the privilege of being priests in the Temple of Heaven. Delighting You day and night with songs of praise and the sweet scent of prayers will be enchanting. With my ear pressed close to my heart, I can almost hear the melodious music. With my nose in the air, I can almost smell the fragrance of prayer.

In the safe shelter of Your presence, we’ll have access to Your boundless buffet. Our starved souls that insistently sought satisfaction for years will be content at last. Under the shade of Your canopy, the scorching sun will no longer sear us. You’ll lead us to ceaseless streams of refreshing living water. With a soft stroke of Your hand, You’ll gently wipe every tear from our swollen eyes and we’ll never again have reason to cry.

O Lord, why do I dread dying when You promise me all this? Please dear Lord, permanently paint a pleasant picture of Paradise in my mind to prevent me from discouragement and despair while I wait for You to return and take me to live with You there. Amen.


Ponder the promises of heaven, and ask the Lord to permanently paint them on your mind.

No comments: