Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Relying on Love

1 John 4:16-18
We know and rely on the love God has for us.God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. In this way, love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment, because in this world we are like him. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment.

Lord of Love,
I come to You seeking mercy and grace. Forgive me for fearing man. Please drive out my fears in the name of Jesus, Your Son. Every day I worry about what others will think of me, say about me, and do to me. I'm concerned that they will kill my ambitions, hopes, and dreams. Frightened of man's condemnation, I live in constant apprehension of being reprimanded and rejected. Paralyzed by fear, I'm tentative to open my mouth and speak for You. I'm sorry, Jesus.

Today, I'm claiming the truth! Only Your perfect love drives out fear. You didn't give me a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of love, power and sound mind. With Your Spirit living in me, I have no reason to worry about what man may think, say or do to me. With You I am always safe. You and You alone are the Ultimate Judge. In Your Supreme Court, I’ve been declared innocent and spared eternal punishment. Thank You, Jesus.

Nothing anyone thinks, says or does can separate me from You. From this day forward, I'm choosing to focus on Your perfect love living in me. Relying on it, I will conquer my fear of man and recognize that the deepest longings of my heart – peace and contentment – are only found in You. Please dear Lord, quiet my soul and give me sheer confidence to trust in Your perfect love for the glory of Your name. Amen.

Do you worry about what others will think of you, say about you, or do to you? Are you like me, apprehensively living as a people-pleaser? Resolve your fears by focusing on God's endless love. He loves you with an everlasting love, and in the end, the only thing that truly matters is that we are like Him in this world. What can you do to be more like Him today? Do others see Him in you?

No comments: