Thursday, April 03, 2008

Law of Love

1 John 4:21
He has given us this command: Whoever loves God must also love his brother.

Lord of Love,
The only way I can begin to pay You back for Your infinite love is to love others. In love You came down from heaven to bless, redeem, and forgive me while I was unattractive, unworthy, and unlovable. The least I can do is obey You.

  • I won’t let myself starve; therefore, I need to feed the hungry.
  • I make sure that I’m properly clothed before leaving the house; therefore, I’m expected to dress the destitute.
  • I put a warm and cozy roof over my head; therefore, I’m required to find shelter for the homeless.
  • I don’t want to be cheated or deceived; therefore, it’s necessary for me to be honest and fair to others.
  • I despise being stabbed with hateful, hurtful words; therefore, I can’t kill the spirits of others with my own unkind works.
  • I’d be angry if someone tried to interfere with my marriage; therefore, I’m obligated to stay out of someone else’s marriage.
  • I don’t want anyone to covet my possessions; therefore, I can’t be jealous when someone has something bigger or better than me.


The only way I can properly respond to Your immeasurable, inexhaustible love is to behave decently as a child of Yours by fully obeying Your law of love. Please dear Lord, clothe me with power and compassion to make a difference where it matters today because tomorrow may be too late. Open my eyes to see someone who needs love today and I will obey no matter the cost because I appreciate the high price of the love You lavished on me. To You who rules on the throne of my heart forever and ever be the glory. Amen.


In light of God’s incredible gift of love given to you, what will you do today to obey His command to love your brothers and sisters in His family? Admit your own selfishness. Repent and reach out in love to someone difficult. Do it today because tomorrow may be too late.

Today I will reach out in love by _________________________________ as a token of appreciation for the high price Jesus paid for my pardon. I will do it today because tomorrow may be too late.

No comments: