Friday, December 23, 2005

ALL I REALLY WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS JESUS

John 3:16
Jesus said, "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

Father in Heaven~
Your extravagant love is amazing! It’s a wonder that You love a worthless, wicked world so much that You gave us Your One and Only dear Son. He is all we really need this Christmas!
Today I open my hands and gratefully receive the incredible, indescribable gift sent personally to me from heaven. Claiming this costly cargo saved my life. Sunken in the scratchy sack of straw is Your sweet Son, my Savior

I opened the door and brought You into the dingy, dark, dismal room in my heart. You came in to my mixed up, messed up life and promised to stay there with me forever. Wretched, naked, and poor, You lovingly chose, adopted, and accepted me. I became Your dearly beloved child. You bathed me in the fragrant fountain of forgiveness, washing away every blemish and blot until I sparkled with beauty. You gave me an elegant robe of righteousness to cover my shame. You cleared the clutter from the messed up room in my mind, and lavished me with good and perfect gifts.

Joyfully, I received the Good News that a room is reserved for me in Your heavenly home where, as an heir, I will live and worship You forever. It is paid for in full, guaranteed by your rich redeeming grace. This Christmas I will celebrate my abundant, everlasting life with You.

Realizing the extent of Your excessive love, I can’t help but explode with excitement! When I exhibit the manger on the mantle of my mind year round, I will remember to eagerly extend the extreme gift of grace to an imperfect, immoral and impious world. With the Star of Heaven hovering over my heart, every day will be Christmas. You will be glorified in heaven on high and I will demonstrate peace on earth good will toward men. Wise and wondering people will follow the Light, find the Savior, and worship You.

Thank You Father, for giving me Your Son! He is all I ever need and it is through Him I pray. Amen.

I hope the prayers from my heart resonate in your heart this Christmas. All we really need is Jesus!

If you’ve never opened the door of your heart to Him, He is standing out in the cold, knocking, waiting to come in and give you all these glorious gifts. Open the door and invite Him in by praying a simple prayer: "Jesus, thank you for dying for my sins. Right now I open the door and invite you to come into my life. Thank you for forgiving my sins and giving me an eternal relationship with you."

Whatever is going on in your world this Christmas, there is no greater gift you could give yourself than to receive the One who came to earth for us.

If you prayed this prayer, I would love to hear about it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.