Thursday, December 22, 2005

ALL I REALLY WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS WISDOM

Matthew 2:12
When it was time to leave, they went home another way, because God had warned them in a dream not to return to Herod.

Wonderful Counselor,
You are an all-inspiring, all-knowing and all-wise Advisor. The depth of Your wisdom and knowledge is incomprehensible. You are always right – never wrong. In the classroom of my heart, You patiently teach me valuable life lessons repeatedly until they penetrate my brain. If I pay attention to The Book of Ancient History, I will receive the wonderful treasure of wisdom. Bound with boldness, stitched with faith, I will heed your warnings no matter how ridiculous they seem! I will remember Noah, who when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear, built an ark to save his family. How foolish he looked to the world, but in the end his reward was the richness of his life.

You will always steer me away from trouble if I will just slow down, humble myself and listen. Your Word is my directional map to the hidden treasure. When I wander off the highway of holiness, Your commands are the compass that correct me. Your laws illuminate the way and lead me. Your instructions are the gauges that guide me. Your promises protect me on the journey.

All I really want for Christmas is the wonderful treasure of wisdom wrapped in the richness of Your Word. Open to Your intelligent insight and superb suggestions, I too will boldly choose to take the unfamiliar, alternate route trusting You as my reliable Co-Pilot. Listening to Your commands, I will avoid danger, disaster, and even death.

Following You down the highway to heaven, I will shine with the brightness of Your glory leading others on the Journey to Jesus, for Yours is wisdom, knowledge, and understanding forever. Amen.

God has graciously given you the treasure of wisdom, The Book of Ancient History, The Bible. Will you take it off the shelf, dust it off, and follow Him? It may require that you take an unfamiliar detour, but the rich reward of life will be worth it.

Daniel 12:3
Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of heaven.

No comments: