Tuesday, December 20, 2005

ALL I REALLY WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS THE LIGHT

Matthew 2:9
The wise men went their way. Once again the star appeared to them, guiding them to Bethlehem. It went ahead of them and stopped over the place where the child was.

O Lord, my Lord, the majesty of Your name fills the whole earth! Your glory is higher than the heavens. Gazing at the night sky I see the magnificent work of Your fingers. You spoke and the heavens were made. One breath from Your mouth made millions of individual, inimitable stars. One of them shined brighter and more beautifully than all the others. It was the Bright Morning Star, blazing like a diamond in the sky. It gave brilliant light to the Magi, leading them to the Star of Heaven, the Child of Christmas. Great are You Lord and mighty in power!

All I really want this Christmas is the Star of Heaven to light up my heart. You are the light of the world. When I follow You, I will never fumble and stumble through frightening darkness. Your Word is pure illumination for my cloudy eyes. It is the dazzling ray that leads me to the Christ child. Following the radiant beam of Your holy face, I will be morally pure, patient and peaceful. Loving and serving others without complaining or arguing, I will twinkle like a star in the universe for You. Whether I’m hustling and bustling to entertain family and friends, hurrying and scurrying to buy the perfect present, or meticulously decorating and dressing my home in holiday finery, I want to sparkle like the Bright Morning Star so that others will see Jesus glowing in me this Christmas. To God be the glory for radiant gift of Light! Amen.

In the midst of the holiday hustle and bustle, is the Star of Heaven lighting up your heart? You may have to slow down. Entertaining friends and family is meaningless if Christ isn’t present glowing in the preparations. There is no present like the gift of Jesus. Rather than rushing to the mall, consider giving someone the gift of your time, talent or treasure. They might be more appreciative and you might be less stressed. A beautifully decorated home is dark if God’s peace and patience isn’t ablaze. Plug into the Power Source that will light you up like a beautifully bejeweled Christmas Tree, and lead others to the Treasure of Christmas.

Philippians 2: 14-16
14Do everything without complaining or arguing, 15so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe 16as you hold out the word of life.

Psalm 97:11
Light is shed upon the righteous and joy on the upright in heart.

No comments: