Thursday, December 15, 2005

ALL I REALLY WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS REDEMPTION

Luke 2: 36-38
36There was also a prophetess, Anna, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Asher. She was very old; she had lived with her husband seven years after her marriage, 37and then was a widow until she was eighty-four. She never left the temple but worshiped night and day, fasting and praying. 38Coming up to them (Mary and Joseph) at that very moment, she gave thanks to God and spoke about the child to all who were looking forward to the redemption of Jerusalem.

Isaiah 43:1-5
1 But now, this is what the LORD says …
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
2 When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.
3 For I am the LORD, your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior …
4 Since you are precious and honored in my sight,
and because I love you …
5 Do not be afraid, for I am with you

Redeeming Child of God~
I will never leave the temple of my heart! Day and night I will worship You. Ceaselessly, I will give thanks to You for Your rich redeeming grace. With Your life, You have made a hefty deposit for me in the Kingdom of Heaven. My room is paid in full and guaranteed, signed and sealed by the Holy Spirit. Blessed assurance!


Continually, I will praise You by telling everyone my story of Your redeeming love:

  • You paid a high price for my freedom
  • You called me by name
  • I belong to You
  • You will be with me through all kinds of trials, troubles and tragedies
  • You are my Savior
  • I am precious to You
  • I am privileged
  • You love me
All I really want this Christmas is the richness of Your redeeming grace. Opening the priceless present of Your promises, I will find the life preserver I need to flow through the river of difficulty. Securely fastened to You, I will not be afraid. Clinging to You, I will not drown. I believe You will safely carry me through turbulence because You love me and have a special plan for my life. Eternally, my lips will glorify and honor You for the gracious gift of rich redemption. Amen.

Graciously accept God’s promised gift of redemption this Christmas. Praise Him for it by telling others what He has done for you.

Ephesians 1:13-14
13And now you also have heard the truth, the Good News that God saves you. And when you believed in Christ, he identified you as his own by giving you the Holy Spirit, whom he promised long ago. 14The Spirit is God's guarantee that he will give us everything he promised and that he has purchased us to be his own people. This is just one more reason for us to praise our glorious God.

No comments: