Tuesday, December 13, 2005

ALL I REALLY WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS JOY

Luke 2:9-10
The angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people."

Today I received the most beautiful greeting card from You, my Father in Heaven. When I was walking through a dark valley, a brilliant array of brightness burst through the night sky, stunning me. An angel, surrounded by the radiance of Your majesty and splendor, joyfully delivered a magnificent message to me. The good news was that the promised Messiah was born in the Bethlehem of my heart to save me from my sin! My soul sings for joy because You chose to send this glad greeting to me.

All I really want for Christmas is the joy of my salvation! Because You chose and adopted me into Your royal family, a room is reversed for me in Your heavenly mansion! You will be my Father and I will be Your dearly loved child forever. You have lavished me with knowledge and wisdom, illuminating the highway to heaven where I will find joy in Your presence and eternal pleasures.

Upon arriving in the hallowed halls of heaven, You will wipe every tear from my eye. You will crown me with forgiveness, clothe me with a robe of righteousness, and cover me with the priceless jewels of Jesus, purchased with His blood. I will be made new. My heart leaps for joy at the very thought of my rich rewards.

Until I get there, I will be seized by sin, suffering and sorrow. I will be attacked by anger, anxiety, and anguish. I will be stripped by shame, stress and stupidity. I will be flogged by fear, and beaten by bitterness and boasting. I may even be shackled and sent to prison for my passionate pursuit of righteousness. In the midst of my misery, I will rejoice and give thanks to You for accomplishing Your will in my life. Singing sweet songs of salvation in my sadness, and powerfully pleading for patience during pain, I will smile when I feel like crying. Then others held hostage around me will hear my heavenly hope, their chains will come loose, and they will be saved and set free when they choose to believe.

Lord, You and You alone are my joy and delight. Your joy is my strength. No one can ever take this treasured possession from me. Please put a smile on my face that reflects the joy in my heart this Christmas because of Jesus! Amen.

This good news of great joy has been delivered to you too. You can choose to open it or put it away. What is one trial that causes you the greatest grief, excruciating pain, and deep depression? Unwrap the Word of God, write down three of Your favorite promises, remember them, and rejoice in the Lord ALWAYS. Celebrate that you’ve been chosen by God to receive the good news of great joy!

Read how Paul responded to adversity in Acts 16:16-40.

No comments: