Wednesday, December 07, 2005

ALL I REALLY WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS PATIENCE

Hebrews 10:35-36
35Do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord, no matter what happens. Remember the great reward it brings you! 36Patient endurance is what you need now, so you will continue to do God's will. Then you will receive all that he has promised. NLT

Matthew 13:45-46
Jesus said, "The kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found out the great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it."

Merciful and Patient Father~
As the holidays approach, many things will get under my skin and irritate me. Amid the masses of panicked shoppers, I will inevitably go insane! Belligerent bargain hunters will bowl over me. Cantankerous consumers will make me crazy with their constant complaining, and mad merchants will make me miserable. Impatient drivers will give me dirty looks and obscene gestures. In their hate and haste, they’ll steal parking spaces, and carelessly ding and dent my car. Unappreciative friends and relatives will grumble about the gift that I painstakingly selected. Ungrateful guests will grouse about the grub I serve at our holiday feast. So much to do in so little time and I, dear Lord, will need a lot of patience this Christmas!

Please leave the priceless Pearl of Patience under the Christmas tree for me. Wearing it around my neck I will remember Your infinite mercy and grace. You’re slow to anger and abounding in love. Publicly displaying the symbol of purity and perfection will remind me to love those who annoy me. Quietly, I will endure the pain they impose. Instead of responding unpleasantly, I will pray continuously. Rather than quarreling, I will be tolerant and tenderhearted. Use the irritations that get under my skin to make an unusually elegant Pearl of Patience. Let it capture the attention of greedy people and guide them to the gift of Jesus, the One and Only Pearl unmatched in beauty and splendor.

To Him who will greatly reward me in the kingdom of heaven through the priceless Pearl of Patience, be the glory in all I say and do this Christmas. Amen.

Ask God to give you the Pearl of Patience this Christmas. Wearing it, you will graciously endure irritating people and circumstances this holiday season. .

No comments: