Tuesday, December 06, 2005

ALL I REALLY WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS EXTRAVAGANT LOVE

Ephesians 5:1-2
1Follow God's example in everything you do, because you are his dear children. 2Live a life filled with love for others, following the example of Christ, who loved you and gave himself as a sacrifice to take away your sins. And God was pleased, because that sacrifice was like sweet perfume to him. NLT

John 12:3
3Then Mary took a twelve-ounce jar of expensive perfume made from essence of nard, and she anointed Jesus' feet with it and wiped his feet with her hair. And the house was filled with fragrance. NLT

Extravagant Lord of Love,
I am excited to receive another extraordinary gift from You! Delicately wrapped in a soft blanket, exhibited in an extremely simple wooden box, was the most exceptionally expensive Jar of Jesus, Heaven Scent. It contained an unusually costly ingredient – Your life. To experience its heavenly fragrance, the elegant Jar of Jesus was delivered to a young girl with a princess heart, in a smelly stable. It became her most precious possession. Until one day, at Your exact time, the beautiful Jar of Jesus was broken to extend its sweet contents on a putrid world.


Lord, all I really want this Christmas is Your extravagant love poured onto me. Bathe my heart in Your sweet essence. Purify me with the fragrance of Your hallowed presence. Possess me with Your pleasant perfume. With Your costly cologne emptied on me, I will experience peace in my pain and power in my problems. With the sweet heart of Jesus Heaven Scent, I will exude a delightful aroma attracting others to You.

Washed in Your extravagant love, with a wonderfully white Christmas Heart, I will humbly, let down my hair. Without hesitation, I will gratefully break the bottle of my body and pour out my most precious possession for You. Selflessly serving family, friends and others this Christmas will be a pleasing act of love and worship. Any time, any place, any price, I will invest all of my life in You so that the sweet fragrance Heaven Scent, will fill my surroundings. My love and adoration will beautifully honor You as Christ the glorious new born King.

Bathe your smelly heart in the sweet essence of Jesus so that others will detect the delightful odor and be drawn to Christ the glorious new born King.

No comments: