Monday, December 19, 2005

ALL I REALLY WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS KNOWLEDGE

Matthew 2:1-2
1After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of King Herod, Magi from the east came to Jerusalem 2and asked, "Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star in the east and have come to worship him."

Numbers 24:17
I see him, but not in the present time.I perceive him, but far in the distant future.A star will rise from Jacob;a scepter will emerge from Israel. NLT

Wondrous Star of Heaven-
God’s pure and perfect Light, Balaam an ancient sorcerer prophesied You1400 years before You broke through the night sky. This was not to make sorcery acceptable, but to show that You are in control, and that good can come from evil.

All I really want this Christmas is knowledge of Your Holy Book. The Bible is more than a collection of creative fables and fairytales about princes and paupers in far away places. It’s Your very word, clearly and concisely written by holy people to speak to me. It’s an incredible love story! Within it are inspiring stories about real people, majestic poetry and songs, direct messages and prophesies, and most importantly Your story of visiting earth in the Person of Jesus. Thank You for making this incredible gift available to me.

At the Living Word Academy, held in the classroom of my heart, I will begin to understand the mysteries of Your will. With the Holy Spirit as my Teacher, I will learn that You are altogether authentic, totally truthful, and really reliable. As I spend time researching and studying, I will start to comprehend Your magnificent splendor. When I’m paying attention, Your words will leap to life and light the way, answering life’s deepest and most difficult questions. With problems and pressures crushing me, I will fearfully remember Your decisions, discipline and deliverance. Reverently, I will recall Your promises, wonders, and blessings.

Full of knowledge, I will be like the Magi who knew and remembered ancient history, recognized and believed prophesy, and willingly left their familiar surroundings to follow the Wondrous Star of Heaven.

O Star of Wonder, Star of Light, Star with royal beauty bright, westward leading still proceeding, guide me to Your Perfect Light. Amen.

The Bible clearly prophesies that Christ will return to reign as King over all the earth (Revelations 22:7). Do you know and remember ancient history well enough to recognize the fulfillment of this prophesy? It’s not too late to attend the Living Word Academy. The only textbook required is Your Bible, the Living Word of God. The Teacher is the Holy Spirit. Open The Book and start studying so that you won’t miss the signs.

2 Peter: 1: 16-21
16For we were not making up clever stories when we told you about the power of our Lord Jesus Christ and his coming again. We have seen his majestic splendor with our own eyes. 17And he received honor and glory from God the Father when God's glorious, majestic voice called down from heaven, "This is my beloved Son; I am fully pleased with him." 18We ourselves heard the voice when we were there with him on the holy mountain.

19Because of that, we have even greater confidence in the message proclaimed by the prophets. Pay close attention to what they wrote, for their words are like a light shining in a dark place--until the day Christ appears and his brilliant light shines in your hearts. 20Above all, you must understand that no prophecy in Scripture ever came from the prophets themselves 21or because they wanted to prophesy. It was the Holy Spirit who moved the prophets to speak from God.

No comments: