Monday, December 05, 2005

ALL I REALLY WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS HOPE

Romans 5: 1-5
1Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. 3Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.


Hope of Heaven~
You are my heart’s desire! I’m thankful for the precious, priceless, perfect gift of peace I received the hour I first believed. Accepting it placed me in a position of privilege in Your presence. Unwrapping it, I found, hidden within the package of peace, the Jewel of Jesus, my Hope of Heaven. My eyes glisten with glad tears as I gaze upon Your glory. Through the lustrous allure, I see the brilliance of Heaven coming down from the heart of God. Shining brighter than the summer sun on my soul, I’m not disappointed in the incredible gift You’ve given me! Picking it up, I place it on the platform of my heart.


With the Hope of Heaven in my heart, I can cheerfully embrace problems. Your power will give me patience to persist through the pressures of sin, suffering and sadness. Pain will purify and perfect my personality, making me a pleasing platform to display Your power and grace to a watching world.

Dear Lord, all I really want this Christmas is the Hope of Heaven sealed in my heart through love, so that others will be drawn to the Jewel of Jesus glittering me in. No matter how busy, frustrated, or tired I am this holiday season, please help me to keep smiling and respond with patience and kindness. No matter how sick, lousy, or hurt I feel, give me a cheerful heart and a desire to serve others in love. Make my heart a shimmering showcase to display the precious jewels of Your character reflected in me. Please dear Lord, let me sparkle this Christmas, so that others will see the Hope of Heaven and be blessed for Your name sake. Amen.

What a priceless gift! How will you choose to display the Hope of Heaven this Christmas?

Romans 8:17 And since we are his children, we will share his treasures--for everything God gives to his Son, Christ, is ours, too. But if we are to share his glory, we must also share his suffering.

No comments: