Thursday, March 22, 2018

Psalm 139:1-6

Psalm 139:1-6
 O LORD, you have searched me
and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue
you know it completely, O LORD.
You hem me in-behind and before;
you have laid your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.

Omniscient, Omnipresent, Almighty God,
I BELIEVE You know me and are with me all the time, no matter where I go. You promise to never leave or abandon me. You are my constant companion. You don't live with me, You live in me. That's intimacy! 

 

You know when I wake up in the morning miserable. You know when I go to bed at night mad. You know when I leave the house with attitude and return home with gratitude. You are familiar with all my ways.

 

I can play hide and seek with my friends, but not with You. There's no place I can hide from You. My friends will believe my made up stories with make believe characters, but not You. You are the Author of my story and the illustrator of the characters. You know the whole story because it's Yours.

 

I can pack my bags and run away from home to escape hurt, humiliation and hatred, but I can't run away from You. You know where I am every second. I can never get away from Your strong grip of grace. You promise to bless, protect and keep me.

 

These thoughts are too overwhelming for me to understand. Please just give me faith to know You more and believe! In response I will worship You, Omniscient, Omnipresent, Almighty God.  Amen.

Are you trying to play hide & seek with God? Do you make up stories and pretend to be someone you're not? Do you want to run away? God knows what's on your heart and mind. Ask Him to point you to the Truth and to give you courage to follow Him.

No comments: