Friday, March 16, 2018

Philippians 3:8

Philippians 3:8
I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish that I may gain Christ.

Sweet Jesus,
You are the deepest desire of my heart. The power and possessions I once persistently pursued are worthless. The accolades and accomplishments I aggressively accumulated are insignificant. The pleasures and treasures of the world can't come close to knowing You, my precious Savior. Please show me all the clutter in my life that needs discarded to make room for more of You.

Give me the Spirit of wisdom and revelation that I may know You more each day. Enlighten the eyes of my heart to the blessed hope to which you've called me. Show me the riches of my glorious heavenly inheritance. My greatest aspiration is to be more like You in every way. Knowing You personally and passionately is the only thing that matters. Everything else fades away like a fresh cut flower.

Put in my heart Your all-consuming, incomparably great power. Using that mighty power, I'll overcome evil and temptation to live vibrantly, victoriously, and virtuously in this fallen world. There is no greater thing than knowing You, Jesus. You mean the world to me. The most valuable treasure of all time is found in You - sweet salvation. O, how I cherish what You have done for me! With a spring in my step, a song in my heart and a smile on my face I will earnestly praise You for Your surpassing greatness in Jesus name.  Amen.

Is Jesus your most valued treasure? Are you willing to joyfully give up everything to know Him more?

If you were standing before the throne of God and He asked you, "Do you love me with all your heart, mind, soul and strength?" could you honestly answer, "Yes, Lord, You are my most treasured possession." Would your lifestyle prove it?

No comments: