Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Matthew 21: 12-14

Matthew 21: 12-14
Jesus entered the temple courts and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves. "It is written," he said to them, "'My house will be called a house of prayer,' but you are making it 'a den of robbers.'"

The blind and the lame came to him at the temple, and he healed them.  

Jesus, You are my Refiner, Reformer, and Redeemer.
 I BELIEVE You turned my whole world upside down for my good and Your glory, the day I swung open the door of my heart, allowed You in, and crowned You King of my life.

Stepping into enemy territory, You killed my bad temper, conquered my mean mouth, and cast out my pride. You drove out the buyers and sellers that corrupt my soul: covetousness, criticism, and complacency. You emptied out many nasty and naughty things: nagging and narcissism, negativism and niggardliness, haughtiness and hypocrisy. You toppled the tables of temptation and brought down the benches of bitterness. You cleared away the idols, impurities and irreverence I had carried into Your holy house for my personal pleasure.

Lovingly, You opened my blind eyes to see the corruption and deception caused by my religiosity and pomposity. With eyes wide open, I saw how much You loved me when I realized how You died for me. Humbly, I exchanged the limping of my unbelief for firm faith. Now I am drawn to love You, trust You, and serve You. Refined, reformed, and redeemed, turn my heart into a holy house of prayer fit for the Most High King. Amen.

Prepare your heart for Easter by allowing Jesus to topple the tables of temptation and benches of bitterness in the temple of your heart. Ask Him to reveal the buyers and sellers that are corrupting your soul. Allow Him to remove the idols, impurities and irreverence that rob Him of His rightful place of highest honor in your life. Ask Him to purify your heart and make it a holy house of prayer.

No comments: