Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Hebrews 12:28

Hebrews 12:28
Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe.

Holy and Awesome God-
Your beauty and majesty are astonishing! You are seated on a radiant throne high above the earth. Your glory twinkles brilliantly like the bright Morning Star. I am in awe of You! 

 

The city of the Living God is my heavenly home and highest hope. Arriving at this promised destination, I anticipate the jubilant celebration as thousands and thousands of adoring angels surround You in wonderful worship. Overwhelming joy will fill my heart as my name is read from the Lamb's Book of Life. With holy fear, I'll approach the throne of grace hand-in-hand with Jesus who will present me to You as pure and innocent. Compassionately, You'll welcome me with arms wide open because of my relationship with Your Son. The keys to heaven will be given to me!  It's a gift too great to grasp! 

 

Thank You for the privilege and honor of knowing You deeply, intimately, and personally. Your unshakable kingdom is accessible to everyone who truly believes. When the world around me is shaken by increased violence, great earthquakes, widespread starvation, and deadly diseases, I will stand firm in Your mighty power. Believing the Truth, tragedy will not terrorize me. Instead, with my gaze on Glory Land, I'll have remarkable confidence to confess with my mouth the wonders of Your love, giving thanks to You the Living God whose kingdom is mine forever and ever because of Jesus. Hallelujah! Amen.

If you have accepted Christ as your Savior, the unshakable kingdom of the Living God is yours. The Bible clearly warns that as we get closer to His Kingdom and Christ's return, there will be an increase in tragedy and trouble in the world. However, because we are receiving a glorious everlasting kingdom that can never be shaken, we should be thankful, and not fearful. We should look forward with hope. Keeping a positive attitude in the face of danger, difficulties, and disaster will be an awesome act of worship acceptable to the King.


As I recently read Luke 21:5-18 I found myself wondering how many in the church are ready for the calamities and catastrophic events that are about to happen? They are coming, and I believe they are coming soon. Are we ready to defend our faith and give thanks to God in the midst of adversity as a reverent act of worship? He is not the director of the horror show, Satan is.  Will I stand firm when my faith is tested by frightening events? Will you?

No comments: