Tuesday, March 20, 2018

2 Peter 1:3

2 Peter 1:3
His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.

Good and Glorious God,
Thank You for forming me in Your image, and personally calling and equipping me to live a godly life. As I spend time getting to know You, teach me Your rich and wonderful truths. By Your divine power, I will follow Your precepts to escape the decadent evil desires of the world living humbly and honestly before You and mankind.

It is not enough to believe IN You. I must KNOW You and BELIEVE You. I need to urgently begin applying Your principles to my heart and mind so that I'll be morally upright. The more familiar I am with You the easier it will be to stay alert and self-controlled in strenuous situations.  I'll be pleasantly surprised by the persistent patience You give me to persevere through painful problems. Your radical love will inspire me to be genuinely warm and welcoming to both desirable and despicable people. Exhibiting these fine qualities in my life, I'll be more productive and useful in Your royal service.

With Your help, I will work hard to learn everything I can about You. Please continue to tenderly teach me until I unmistakably understand. I want my lifestyle to prove to the watching world that I am the child You called and equipped in glory, goodness and grace.

With great anticipation and heavenly hope, I look forward to the rich reception I'll receive when I walk through the pearly gates of Your everlasting Kingdom to live happily ever after with You because of Jesus. Amen.

Do you have a burning desire to know God? How much time will you spend with Him today? You can't imitate His glory and goodness, if you don't know Him intimately.

Lots of people go to church, read their Bibles, and do good works. Yet, many of them do not KNOW God.

No comments: