Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Hanging on to Hope

Lamentations 3:22-33
22The unfailing love of the LORD never ends! By his mercies we have been kept from complete destruction. 23Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each day. 24I say to myself, "The LORD is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!"

25The LORD is wonderfully good to those who wait for him and seek him. 26So it is good to wait quietly for salvation from the LORD. 27And it is good for the young to submit to the yoke of his discipline.

31For the Lord does not abandon anyone forever. 32Though he brings grief, he also shows compassion according to the greatness of his unfailing love. 33For he does not enjoy hurting people or causing them sorrow. (NLT)

Faithful and Merciful God-
I rejoice in Your infinite love and compassion. I’m alive and well today because of Your amazing grace. Just as You faithfully turn the darkness of night to bright morning light, I trust You to revive and restore my broken heart. At the end of my rope, I’m hanging on to You because there’s simply nothing left. You are my only hope!


Because You are constantly good and always right, I seek You with all my heart, mind, soul, and strength. Quietly, I wait for You to work out Your plan and purpose for my life. My Great Instructor, I willingly and silently sit under Your wise counsel expecting You to teach me an important lesson through this present hardship.

Please fill me with more of Your holy power to control my attitudes and actions in the face of adversity. I need Your strength to persevere. Helpless, I’m depending on Your endless supply of love to sustain me. Quiet my heart, calm my soul, and open my mind to receive Your abundant love and mercy. I desperately want to trust You to turn my present darkness to extraordinary brightness through Jesus, the Perfect Light. Amen.

Are you hopelessly at the end of your rope? When you’re helpless, what do you hang on to? If you hang on to God, He promises to sustain you with His unfailing love and compassion. Connected to Him you’ll be able to persevere under pressure.

No comments: