Monday, August 07, 2006

Extravagent Love

1 John 4: 9-11
9This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. 10This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 11Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.

Lord of Love~
Your amazing love is steady and unchanging! I can’t fathom its depth, comprehend its width or imagine its height. While I was unfriendly, unkind and unappreciative You sent Your One and Only Son, the Living Christ, into the world to offer His body and blood as a sweet sacrifice for me. Mercifully, You touched my callused heart, removing my hostility. You lovingly restored the damage that was done to our relationship making me right with You. Thank You Jesus!


I adore the beautiful, new heart You graciously gave me. It reflects Your sweet love, tender kindness, and generous goodness. It’s an honor and a blessing to live differently through You. Please open my spiritual eyes to see someone who is destitute, depressed, or demoralized. I will obediently and selflessly love that person through Jesus today. All glory is Yours because of Your extravagant Love. Amen.

Look around and find someone who is destitute, depressed, or demoralized to love extravagantly today. It’s not optional if you are the recipient of God’s love.

No comments: