Thursday, August 17, 2006

Christian Family Rules

Romans 12:9-16
9Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. 11Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. 12Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 13Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality.

14Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. 16Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.


Father in Heaven~
Thank You for clearly posting the Christian Family Rules:

  1. Unconditionally love your brothers and sisters even when they’re unlovable, undeserving, and unresponsive
  2. Don’t feed your mind evil thoughts; instead fill it with truth, righteousness, and purity.
  3. Lay aside selfishness; delight in treating each other with respect and common courtesy.
  4. Never give up!
  5. Serve me enthusiastically.
  6. Persevere under pressure.
  7. Let your hope of heaven make you glad.
  8. Never stop praying.
  9. Take care of each other.
  10. Welcome strangers into your home.
  11. Ask me to bless everyone who mistreats you.
  12. Be happy when others are happy.
  13. Be sad when others are sad.
  14. Be friendly with everyone.
  15. Don’t be proud.
  16. Be willing to do menial tasks.
  17. Be willing to interact with people who are different from you.
  18. Don’t be a know it all.

Father, only by Your grace can I stand before You as Your beloved child, adopted, redeemed, and forgiven. Because I love and respect You with all of my heart, I will do my best to obey the rules of Your house. Please fill me with more of Your love, grace and power. Show me who I can love in Your name today. Amen.

Which of these rules do you have a hard time obeying? Ask God to fill you with more of His power to overcome your selfish desires. Then, look for an opportunity to enthusiastically serve someone in a difficult situation.

Today I will lay aside my selfish desires and love ______________________________ in the name of Jesus. (fill in the name of someone whom you will show God’s love.)

No comments: