Wednesday, March 29, 2006

A Living Sacrifice

Romans 12:1
Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship.

Merciful King,
Up close and personal, I stand in awe of the expanse of Your magnificent mercy:

  • I’m enthralled by Your never ending patience
  • I’m surprised that You would pardon me from the penalty for my sin
  • I’m astonished that You would purchase a hateful, hostile enemy like me with Your precious blood
  • I’m absorbed by Your power that purifies me
  • I’m attracted to the perfect peace in Your presence
  • I’m overwhelmed by Your faithfulness to Your promises
  • I’m perplexed that You foreknew, chose, predestined, called and glorified me
  • I’m delighted that You adopted me, just as I am, wretched and weak, to be Your dearly loved child

In view of Your unending compassion, I will take time to be holy, joyfully dedicating my entire life to Your service. Every day as I perform my regular routine I want the watching world to see me worshipping You in the beauty of holiness.

  • I’ll dress in humility and love in the morning when I rise.
  • I’ll tenderly love and gently speak to my children rather than being harsh and agitated
  • I’ll build up my spouse with words of encouragement instead of cutting him (her) with criticism.
  • I’ll go to work with a smile on my face because my identity isn’t in my mundane job, but is in who I am in You.
  • I’ll not only endure and tolerate difficult people and situations, but I’ll show them Your love and kindness.
  • I’ll drive peacefully down the highway, ignoring rude and outrageous drivers.
  • I’ll quiet my competitive spirit during recreational activities, allowing others to win, knowing that I’ve already won the Grand Prize – You!

In view of Your magnificent mercy, I’ll intentionally stop and share Christ’s love and leniency every chance I get. Please dear Lord, don’t let me miss any opportunity in my busy day to worship You. In the power of Your Spirit, I’ll willingly give up all my ambitions and desires to walk and work with You for the praise of Your merciful, loving, redeeming name. Not my will, but Yours be done. Amen.

How has God shown his mercy to you? In view of His mercy, how will you respond?
I will worship him by ________________________________________. Don’t just think about it, do it!

No comments: