Friday, March 24, 2006

Alive, Safe & Free

Psalm 66:8-16
8 Praise our God, O peoples,
let the sound of his praise be heard;
9 he has preserved our lives
and kept our feet from slipping.
10 For you, O God, tested us;
you refined us like silver.
11 You brought us into prison
and laid burdens on our backs.
12 You let men ride over our heads;
we went through fire and water,
but you brought us to a place of abundance.
13 I will come to your temple with burnt offerings
and fulfill my vows to you-
14 vows my lips promised and my mouth spoke
when I was in trouble.
15 I will sacrifice fat animals to you
and an offering of rams;
I will offer bulls and goats.
16 Come and listen, all you who fear God;
let me tell you what he has done for me.

Great God~
I shout for joy and sing the glory of Your name! Your deeds are awesome and Your power is great! I have seen You, Lord! This is what You’ve done for me:
  • You spoke to me loud and clear through Your Word, the Holy Bible. When I heard and believed, You saved me from despair and destruction.
  • As I climbed out of the hole of horror, my feet began to slip, but You grabbed me firmly and prevented me from backsliding.
  • You sent me into the fiery furnace and turned up the heat. Suffering through intense heat perfected my character, making me more precious and valuable.
  • You brought me into bondage and laid many burdens on my back. In my weakness, Your strength was evident.
  • You led me through many troubles, toils and snares, and by Your grace, You guided me safely to Your immaculate kingdom of rich blessings.
In mercy and compassion, You gave up Your life to save me. Therefore, I’m bringing all of my prizes and presents to You as an act of worship. I’m doing what I said I’d do when You found and rescued me from the dark ditch. Because of Your love and mercy, I’m alive, safe, and free. I’m going to tell anyone who will listen the amazing thing You did for me. You are an awesome God and Your power is great! Amen.


List all the ways God’s shown His mercy to you. Praise Him!

No comments: