Thursday, March 09, 2006

God is Good

Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

O God, My Loving Father,
I love you with all my heart. You are so good to me, always. Life isn’t always fair, but You are always good. I know that in all things You’re working out your perfect plan and polishing me to be more like Jesus. I believe with all my heart, mind and strength that You’ll turn my tragedy into victory!

  • In sudden death and despair You work for the good of those who love You.
  • In cancer and catastrophes You work for the good of those who love You.
  • In flops and failures You work for the good of those who love You.
  • In accidents and hospital stays You work for the good of those who love You.
  • In unemployment and financial disaster You work for the good of those who love You.
  • In felonies and prison terms You work for the good of those who love You.
  • In trials and temptations You work for the good of those who love You.
  • In divorce papers and broken families You work for the good of those who love You.
  • In addictions and abortions You work for the good of those who love You.
  • In infertility and injury You work for the good of those who love You.

I trust You, God to make a miracle from my misery! Looking forward to my hope in heaven, I’ll willingly accept painful situations that polish and perfect me like a precious pearl. In my life Lord, be glorified today through Jesus I pray. Amen.

God has used my dad’s cancer and long journey through the valley of death to polish and perfect my pearl of compassion. Because I’ve experienced the excruciating pain of loss, I’m able to weep with those who weep and comfort those who mourn. He has used my father-in-law’s sudden death to polish and perfect my pearl of love. Because something valuable has been suddenly been taken away, we’ve learned to love God and others more today because there may not be a tomorrow. God has made miracles from my miseries. He promises to do the same for you too.

In __________________________ (your tragedy) God is working to perfect my _____________________________ (a Christ-like characteristic). Fill in the blanks.

Believe God and you will be blessed!

No comments: