Friday, March 10, 2006

Knowing Jesus

Philippians 3: 7-11
7But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. 8What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ 9and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith. 10I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead.

My Jesus, My Savior, My great and Glorious King,
You are the desire of my heart. All the power and possessions I once pursued are worthless. All the accolades and accomplishments I accumulated are insignificant. The pleasures and treasures of the world can’t compare to knowing You, Jesus. Please show me all the clutter in my life that needs discarded to make room for more of You.


I want to know You more and more each day. My deepest aspiration is to be more like You in every way. I’m inferior and inadequate. My trinkets and trophies can’t save me. They’re meaningless to You. All You want is all of me. Knowing You personally and intimately is the only thing that matters. By faith, I believe that You are my only saving grace. My relationship with You is the most important thing in all of my life.

After the home of my heart is cleared of the clutter, there will be plenty of room for Your all-consuming power. Using the mighty power that raised Jesus from the dead, I can overcome evil and temptation. In Your strength, I will die to my past addictions and attractions. Sharing in Your suffering, I will lay down my sinful life to follow You, Jesus.

Thank You for preserving History so that I can have heavenly hope. After the excruciating pain of death, joy comes in the mourning … beautiful life that never ends.

There is no greater thing than knowing You, Jesus. You mean the world to me. The most valuable treasure of all time is found in You – sweet salvation. With a song in my heart and a smile on my face I will praise You for Your greatness. You are my righteousness and I love You, Lord. Amen.

If you were standing before the throne of God and He asked you, "Do you love me with all your heart, mind, soul and strength?" could you honestly answer, "Yes, Lord, You are my most important relationship." What if He said, "Prove it"? If you couldn't answer Him with a "Yes, Lord", then you may want to print this Prayer Pal and pray it repeatedly until He consumes your whole heart.

What are you willing to give up to know Christ better? Time each day for Bible study and prayer? Approval from friends and family? Your personal plans, ambitions, and dreams? Knowing Christ is worth the sacrifice.

Today I will give up _______________________________________ in order to know you more, Jesus.

Go and obey. Jesus said, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching." John 14: 23

No comments: