Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Psalm 135: 15-18

15 The idols of the nations are silver and gold,
made by the hands of men.
16 They have mouths, but cannot speak,
eyes, but they cannot see;
17 they have ears, but cannot hear,
nor is there breath in their mouths.
18 Those who make them will be like them,
and so will all who trust in them.

Holy and Most High God~
My Heavenly Father~
I praise Your name! Thank You for the privilege to serve in the sacred halls of Your house. You are good to Your children! Because we are Your treasured possessions You lavish us with indescribable gifts: A cherished crown of forgiveness; a perfectly flawless robe of righteousness woven with strong threads of unconditional love; heavenly hope; peace beyond our
understanding; merciful patience; tender loving compassion; a firm foundation of faith; supernatural power to overcome evil and temptation.

You are highly exalted! No other gods can give us greater gifts. The gifts You give cost more than we could ever pay. You are able to do just as You please. You give us puffy clouds and warm sunshine; pouring rain and howling winds; blue skies and majestic mountains; rolling seas and roaring thunder; fruitful plains and dry deserts; fragrant flowers and gentle breezes.
Instead of graciously accepting these pricey gifts, we often toss them aside without unwrapping them, like spoiled children. Instead of longing for more of You, we wish for trinkets and trophies made of silver and gold. Forgive us, O Lord, for trading Your eternal treasures for temporary trash.


Chiseled mouths cannot speak. Painted eyes cannot see. Carved ears cannot hear. Wood and metal cannot breath. They are dead! When we choose to keep and value them we become like them – spiritually dead.

Have mercy on me, Living God! Remove the idols that I’ve allowed to clutter the temple of my heart, Your home. It’s time for a good housecleaning. Purify my heart! Sanctify my soul. Breath new life into me. Open my eyes to see the priceless treasures You offer me. Open my ears to hear Your voice. Open my mouth to speak loving words of encouragement. Open my heart to every spiritual blessing You have for me. Be exalted O God, above all the silver and gold trinkets and trophies because of the precious gift of Jesus. Amen.

What have you exalted above Jesus in your life? Are you willing to give it up for Him?

A few of God’s gifts are: salvation, forgiveness, redemption, righteousness, healing, everlasting love, peace, mercy, goodness, strength, adoption, wisdom, and understanding

No comments: